New Wave Savers Club
New Horizons Credit Union offers young members, between the ages of birth-18 a youth club account called New Wave Savers Club. This club offers a first step towards teaching financial responsibility and independence!
With a New Wave Savers account, our youth members will be able to open a Savings account, and also a Free Checking account if they are at least 16 years of age, and have a parent joint on the account. The New Wave Savers Club is designed to familiarize youth with the differences between a credit union and a bank along with the benefits of saving. It was created to teach young members about the financial issues they currently face or will be facing in the future and the importance of establishing good savings and spending habits that will eventually help build good credit.
New Wave Savers Receive
- Welcome packet and gift
- Birthday card to redeem for a prize
- Club prizes available as deposits are made
- Opportunity to win prizes for good grades
- Invitations to participate in special New Wave contests and promotions
- Free Checking account with your first set of New Wave checks to get you started free. (Must be at least 16 years of age, with a parent on the account.)
- Free Debit Card with Free Checking account (subject to same conditions and restrictions)
- Free Online Banking
- Opportunity to apply for a $1000 College Scholarship (graduating high school seniors)
- And we’re thinking of more every day!
Check out our Anchors Aweigh Rewards Program
for our New Wave Savers!
Biz Kid$ is a financial literacy initiative based on an award winning television series about kids, business and money. Each Biz Kid$ episode shows kids how to make and manage money by introducing concepts of financial literacy. Parents, youths, and teachers can use the resources and videos on various topics appealing to various age levels - best of all it is all available to you at no cost.
Biz Kid$ is known for creating and producing Bill Nye the Science Guy, who was a popular science series in the 1990s.
New Horizons is proud to offer this program for educational use at no additional cost . Check out Biz Kid$ today!
CLUB MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Age: Birth - 18 Years
- Minimum Balance/Opening Amount: $25 (The youth's social security number is required to open the account.)
- Monthly Service Charge: None
- Account Setup: Child is the primary account holder and parent/guardian is set up as a joint account holder
Dividends are earned on the account and are compounded and paid monthly based on the average daily balance. The dividend rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change every dividend period as determined by the Board of Directors. If your account is closed before dividends are paid, you will not receive the accrued dividends. To avoid a loss of dividends, please keep your account open with the minimum balance until the first business day of the following month.
Children will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when opening an account.
Parents: Sign up for Automatic Transfers to electronically transfers funds into your children’s account to help their savings grow. Ask any Personal Financial Specialist for details.
Statements issued quarterly by mail or e-statements.
To open a New Wave Savers Club account, visit one of our convenient locations .