Sunrise Savers Club
The Sunrise Savers Club gets kids, from birth to 12 years old, excited about saving money and teaches them the importance of personal finances at a young age with our various membership perks. It is never too early to start teaching your children the importance of saving for the future. If you open a Sunrise Saver account for your newborn child, New Horizons Credit Union will make the first $25.00 deposit for the baby; just bring in the baby’s Social Security Number, birth certificate and completed membership application to open the account. For the purposes of this special offer, a "newborn" is considered to be 365 days old or younger.*
Sunrise Savers Receive:
- Sunrise Saver gift at account opening
- Birthday Greeting with surprise
- Invitations to participate in savings contests with a chance to win fun and exciting prizes
- And we’re thinking of more every day!
Biz Kid$: Making Financial Education Engaging & Meaningful
Biz Kid$ is a financial literacy initiative based on an award winning television series about kids, business and money. Each Biz Kid$ episode shows kids how to make and manage money by introducing concepts of financial literacy.
Biz Kid$ is known for creating and producing Bill Nye the Science Guy, who was a popular science series in the 1990s.
New Horizons is proud to offer this program for educational use at no additional cost. Check out Biz Kid$ today!
CLUB MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Age Birth - 12 Years
- Minimum Balance/Opening Amount: $25 (child’s social security number is required to open the account)
- Monthly Service Charge: None
- Account Setup: Joint Account with child as the primary account holder and parent/guardian as joint account holder
- Annual Percentage Yield: 0.10% (Rates are subject to change; the current rates can be found here.)
- Dividends are compounded and paid monthly based on the average daily balance. The dividend rate and APY may change every dividend period as determined by the Board of Directors.
If your account is closed before dividends are paid, you will not receive the accrued dividends. To avoid a loss of dividends, please keep your account open with the minimum balance until the first business day of the following month. Statements issued quarterly by mail or e-statements. To open a Sunrise Savers Club Account, just bring in your Social Security Card, birth certificate and completed membership application to any one of our many convenient branch locations. Children will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when opening an account.
*To retain the initial $25.00 deposit from New Horizons, the account must remain open for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.