Essential Items You Need in Your Car
Owning a car is so exciting, especially if it's your first car. However, owning a car comes with a lot of responsibilities in order to keep it running for a long time. You need to service it, clean it, fill it up with gas, and make sure everything is running smoothly. You also need to be sure your car is equipped with all of these essential items so you are prepared in the time of an emergency.
- Owner's Manual - tells you everything you need to know about your car from how to work the radio, to what all those emergency lights mean. Since this manual comes with the car, there's no need to place it anywhere else.
- Car insurance, license, car registration - Make sure to keep one of the insurance cards in your glove box with the car registration, and keep your license on you at all times!
- Tire jack, Spare tire, Tire pressure gauge, lug wrench
- Jumper cables, WD-40 (for those rusted bolts), Duct tape
- Flashlight with batteries, reflective triangles, flares, reflective safety vest - these keep you safe in the case you breakdown in a dark road
- Multitool - multiple tools in
- one is very convenient and saves space. No more rummaging around to try and find that one tool you need.
- Gasoline can - if you ever run out of gas, this will save your life.
Inside the Car with You
- Car hammer with seatbelt cutter - This essential tool will save your life in the case of a major emergency. The seatbelt cutter will help you if your seatbelt is stuck and you need to flee. The hammer will help break a window if your doors don't open. Keep this in an easily accessed area.
- Umbrella - this is a must if you live in the oh so rainy South. You never know when it'll randomly rain, so be prepared.
- Cell phone charge - do we need to say more about this one?
- Hand sanitizer - we all touch some pretty icky places, especially at the gas station. Having hand sanitizer at the ready is essential to keeping you germ free and healthy.
- Cleaning supplies - zipper lock bags, reusable shopping bags for your groceries, paper towels, tissues/ napkins, trash bags for your trash.
Owning your first car, or a new car, is exciting. Make sure you take care of your car so it lasts you a long time, and make sure you are prepared with these essential supplies. If you're looking to upgrade to a new car, or are looking for a new car, we offer affordable car loans that are right for you!