Online Banking is designed to provide you and your family with secure and easy access to your New Horizons Credit Union accounts over the Internet. Online Banking is free, accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is available to New Horizons Credit Union Members only.
Online Banking enables you to:
- Verify account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay bills
- Make loan payments
- View posted payroll or electronic funds transfers
- Print a copy of your account history
- Make withdrawals
- Get copies of checks
- View holds on your accounts
- Stop payments
- And much more
Online Banking employs industry leading security features to ensure that all of your transactions are conducted with the highest possible privacy and protection. All data is encrypted using 128-bit encryption, the strongest form available, and transferred via the Secure Sockets Layer protocol between you and the Credit Union.
You can now create your own Online account by clicking Sign Up on the login to the right. You will have to enter your social security number, account number, and other information.
While your Credit Union can't actually give you the funds to pay your bills, it can eliminate the stress and time constraints associated with doing so. The service is called Electronic Bill Pay and is free to NHCU members. You can access Electronic Bill Payment through Online Banking.
New Horizons Credit Union offers free eStatements. eStatements provide you with the same information as paper statements, but are securely available through Online Banking.
Each month we will send you an email notifying you when your monthly statement is available. Simply log on to Online Banking, click the eStatement menu item to retrieve your statement. You can print it, save it to your PC or a CD and it will be stored on Online Banking for 3 months.
By signing up for New Horizons Credit Union's eStatement, you choose to discontinue receiving your statements in the mail.
New Horizons Credit Union offers FREE Mobile Banking! Easily access your account information, transfer funds or find a branch or ATM with your mobile device. To get started, type mobile.newhcu.org in your mobile phone’s browser, and login with the same username and password you use for Online Banking.
New Horizons Credit Union Mobile Banking FAQs
1. What is New Horizons Mobile Banking?
New Horizons Mobile Banking enables you to connect to your New Horizons accounts from your mobile phone or other hand-held device. You will be able to easily access your balance information, transfer funds or even find a branch or ATM.
2. What type of accounts can I access with Mobile Banking?
New Horizons Mobile Banking provides access to most of your New Horizons accounts. Visa Credit Card accounts are not available.
3. How much does it cost?
The service is FREE — New Horizons does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking. However, your mobile carrier may charge you standard fees for Internet access. For more information about these fees, please contact your carrier directly.
4. What phones are supported, and where is the service available?
Click here for a list of supported phones. Mobile Banking is currently supported on Windows® Mobile, BlackBerry®, Palm OS Tréo, Iphone, Droid and most phones that support Java applications. New Horizons Mobile Banking is available within the U.S.
5. What do I need to start using Mobile Banking?
You can start using Mobile Banking if you have previously enrolled in New Horizons Online Banking. If you haven’t enrolled yet and would like to, call the Call Center Monday through Friday 8:15 – 5pm 251-316-3240 or 800-824-3610.
6. How do I activate Mobile Banking?
Visit mobile.newhcu.org on your web-enabled mobile device. For security purposes, the first time you login you will be prompted to check your email for a one-time PIN to register your device.
You will have two Mobile Banking options available to you. You can use our mobile website or you can download our application to your phone.
Using a Web browser on your mobile phone:
1. Open your mobile phone’s browser and go to mobile.newhcu.org
2. Sign on with the same username and password you use to login to Online Banking.
Download our application to your mobile phone:
1. Open your mobile phone’s browser and go to mobile.newhcu.org.
2. Click on the link at the bottom of the login page and follow the on-screen instructions. If you don't see a link to download the application, your device isn't currently supported.
3. Click here to go to the iPhone App store and click here to go to the Android app store.
7. Does New Horizons Mobile Banking support SMS?
Yes, text 41411 and follow instructions to register your phone. Click here for more information.
8. Mobile Banking covered by the same security as New Horizons Online Banking?
Yes. Mobile Banking is covered by the same security as New Horizons Online Banking. To learn more about our security and read our Website Security Policy, click here.
9. What should I do if I lose my phone?
Change your online banking password immediately. Report the loss to your phone carrier, and ask them to disable the old phone. As always, whenever there is a possibility of unauthorized access to your account you should watch your account closely to ensure no unauthorized transactions appear.
10. Can I use New Horizons BillPay on my mobile phone?
No, not at this time.
Supported Phones for the Downloadable Application
(All Web-enabled phones will work with New Horizons Mobile Banking)
1 You may be charged access rates depending on your carrier. Web access is needed to use Mobile Banking. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges.
Check Image retrieval is available to members through Online Banking for free. You will be able to use your home PC to retrieve your check images.
To use this feature you will have to be setup for Online Banking.
To Retrieve Check Images:
- Sign into Online Banking
- Click on the checking account you want to see, either through Transactions or Accounts.
- Check transactions will be listed as Check Withdrawal under the decription. To the left you will see the check number. Click on the check number to view your check image!
Note: There are two exceptions on retrieving check images:
- The check must have been posted to your account on or after August 6, 2007. If you try to retrieve a check prior to this date an error window will display stating "All checks written prior to August 6, 2007 have to be requested at your local branch or by calling the call the Call Center." We will continue to charge for this option.
- If the check was handled as an ACH transaction - for example if you pay Wal-Mart by check, they scan your check and create an ACH transaction and give you your check back. The check clears your account as an ACH transaction, not a Draft transaction. Even though a check number is recorded there is no image to retrieve. If you select one of these checks an error window is displayed informing you to contact the Credit Union.