- Prime Share
- Kasasa Saver
- Money Market
- Christmas Club
- Vacation Club
- Horizons Club
- New Wave Savers Club
- Sunrise Savers Club
New Horizons Credit Union's regular savings accounts are referred to as share accounts because, as a member, you share in the ownership of the Credit Union. Your money works harder for you at New Horizons Credit Union. Thanks to the not-for-profit structure, our share savings accounts generally earn higher rates of return than similar accounts at for-profit financial institutions. As a not-for-profit, we don't share money with stockholders like a bank, we return profits to members like you—through higher savings dividends and lower loan rates.
By opening a prime share at New Horizons Credit Union, you are establishing membership with NHCU and can take advantage of all that the credit union has to offer including any one of our free Kasasa Checking Accounts or low rate loans! An initial deposit of $25 will establish your account and your ownership. Dividends on your share account are calculated daily and posted monthly. Dividend rates are reviewed by the Board of Directors periodically and are subject to change. These rates are posted in the Credit Union and on this site under Savings Rates.
You may, at any time, add a joint owner to your share account, thereby giving another individual access to your savings account. The joint owner has rights of survivorship on a share account, but is not entitled to membership privileges. Joint owners who are eligible for membership are encouraged to open separate accounts with the Credit Union.
- Links to free Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back checking
- Automatic transfers of Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back earnings
- 1.00% APY* on balances up to $25,000.00
- 1.00% to 0.40% APY on balances over depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren’t met
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance to open account or earn rewards
- Free Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Free Telephone Banking (Voice 24)
- Free e-statements
Earning a higher rate is easy.
Qualifying for your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back rewards automatically qualifies you for the highest Kasasa Saver rate, too. To earn your rewards, just do the following transactions and activities in your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 1 bill pay, 1 ACH payment transaction, or 1 direct deposit post and settle
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-statements
If you don’t meet these qualifications, don’t worry.
Your Kasasa accounts are still free. Plus you’ll still earn our base rate on Kasasa Saver. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next cycle that you qualify.
A Money Market account is different from a traditional savings account in that you can earn a slightly higher dividend if you maintain a certain balance, plus, you have some flexibility to use the funds when you wish - unlike a traditional Certificate Account that is locked in at a set term. For information on Certificate Accounts, visit our Investment page. A Money Market account allows for limited check writing. The number of transactions you are able to make is limited by the Federal Reserve. If you repeatedly make more than six transactions a month, your account may be subject to closure per the Federal Reserve. Also, for each transaction after six, there is a $5 per transaction fee.
- Minimum to open is $2,500.
- Maximum of six transfers per month.
- Maximum of three of the transfers may be check, draft or similar order payable to a third party.
- Earn a higher dividend rate and still have the flexibility to make occasional withdrawals.
- Protect your cash from market risk - Money Market accounts are insured by the NCUA.
- Keep your cash in a money market fund for short-term needs or until you decide how to invest it.
- Get easy access to your cash.
- View Money Market rates here.
Visit our Investment page for details on this insured, investment type account.
Make saving for Christmas that much easier with our Christmas Club. The first week in November, you will receive a deposit into your primary account for the balance held in your Christmas Club account so you can get your holiday shopping underway.
We make saving for that dream vacation easy with our Vacation Club accounts. It works the same way as our Christmas Club account. The only difference is you can access your funds at any time.
A special benefits package for our members 55 years of age or older. Horizons Club members receive free checking with no minimum balance, free cashier's checks and free check copies. For more information on Horizons Club, click here!
With a New Wave Savers Club account, our teen members will be able to open a savings and link to checking account with a free Debit card. For more information on New Wave Savers Club, click here!
The Sunrise Savers Club gets kids excited about saving money and teaches them the importance of personal finances at a young age with our various membership perks. For more information on our Sunrise Savers Club, click here!
Stop by any of our branches and we’ll be glad to set up any account for you.Go to main navigation