At New Horizons Credit Union, we offer our members several checking accounts to fit their needs and lifestyle. Below is a description of all the checking account solutions available to members.
Our basic, Free Checking account offers these features and benefits:
- No monthly service fee or minimum balance to open account
- No Cost Visa® Debit Card
- Access your funds using our debit card at ATMs located at our branches or nationwide through Allpoint ATM Network.
- Unlimited check writing
- 24/7 Voice 24 Telephone Account Access
- 24/7 Online & Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit Capture
- No-cost Bill Pay service
- No-cost e-Statements
- Courtesy Pay for overdraft protection available upon qualification. Contact or ask an NHCU representative for details.
- This account does not earn a dividend rate.
Enjoy your choice of an Ultimate Dividend Checking Account that offers a competitive dividend rate or an Ultimate Cash back Checking Account that offers cash back on qualifying debit card purchases. Plus, enjoy the benefit of reimbursement of up to $15 in ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide.* So, every ATM is your ATM!
To earn the perks with either of these Checking Accounts, just do the following transactions and activities in your NHCU Checking Account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle.
Monthly Qualification requirements to earn perks:
- Have a least 1 bill pay, 1 ACH payment transaction, OR 1 direct deposit post and settle.
- Perform at least 15 debit card purchases that post and settle per month.
- Be enrolled in to receive Free e-Statements. If not enrolled in e-Statements, these Ultimate Checking accounts will incur a $3/month paper statement fee.
Even if you don't meet these qualifications each month with the Ultimate Dividend Checking account, you still earn the base rate, and can get right back to earning your full dividend perks the very next cycle that you qualify. With the Ultimate Cash back account, if you don't meet these qualifications each month, you can also get right back to earning your full cash-back perk the very next cycle that you qualify.
This account earns dividends as follows:
- 5.25% APY* on balances up to $10,000.00*
- 5.25% to 0.71% APY* on balances over $10,000.00 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* even if monthly qualifications are not met.*
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $15 monthly)*
This account earns cash-back as follows:
- 2.00% Cash back on up to a total of $400 debit card purchases with a maximum of $8.00 cash back each monthly qualifying cycle.*
If you have had issues with your previous checking account, New Horizons Credit Union may be able to offer a solution to you for a second chance. So, if you do not qualify for our regular basic Free Checking Account or our Ultimate Checking Accounts, you may still qualify for this New Start Checking account. The benefit is that after 12 months of proven capability to manage a checking account with no returned checks or other issues, a member may request to be signed up for any of our other checking account programs. This is a great program to help re-establish yourself.
- No minimum balance to maintain
- Unlimited check writing
- No cost Visa® Debit Card
- $10/month service charge.
- May switch to our basic Free Checking after 12 months of proven history.
- This account types does not earn a dividend rate, nor is eligible for Courtesy Pay.
New Horizons offers members an opportunity to purchase checks through a trusted partner, Harland Clarke. Harland Clarke stands behind their check products which offer safety features and high ink quality to ensure you receive quality checks at an affordable price. Their member support can assist quickly with any check product issues to help avoid unnecessary inconveniences. Initial check orders with new checking accounts must be handled at one of our branches, but reorders (without changes) can be easily done online by clicking the button below.
Check image retrieval is available to members through Online Banking at no cost to you. You will be able to retrieve your check images using a computer.
To Retrieve Check Images:
- Sign into Online account access
- Click on the checking account you want to see, either through Transactions or Accounts.
- Check transactions will be listed as Check Withdrawal under the description. To the left, you will see the check number. Click on the check number to view your check image!
Note: The check must have been posted to your account on or after August 6, 2007. If you try to retrieve a check prior to this date an error window will display stating "All checks written prior to August 6, 2007 have to be requested at your local branch or by calling our Call Center." For check copy requests, there is a nominal fee per check. Please contact the Credit Union directly for current fees at (251) 316-3240 and for requesting check copies.