New Wave Savers Youth Account
This youth account offers a first step towards teaching financial responsibility and independence to young members 18 and under in a fun way! It teaches young members about the importance of establishing good savings and spending habits that will eventually help build good credit. The account is designed to familiarize youth with the differences between a credit union and a bank along with the benefits of saving.
New Wave Savers Receive:
- New account opening gift
- Birthday card to redeem for a prize
- Prizes available as deposits are made inside a branch
- Quarterly New Wave Savers Newsletter sent in the mail with helpful financial information, fun contests, and coloring sheets.
- Opportunity to win prizes during contests
- Invitations to participate in special New Wave Savers events & promotions
- Free Checking Account with a Debit Card and first set of New Wave Savers checks. (Must be at least 16 years of age, with a parent on the account, with a valid photo ID, & social security card.)
- Free Online & Mobile Banking
- Opportunity to apply for a $1,000 College Scholarship (graduating high school seniors only)
- Rewards for good grades through our Good Grades Rewards Program
- And we’re thinking of more every day!
Biz Kid$ Financial Education
Free Resource for Students, Parents & Teachers.
Biz Kid$ is a financial literacy initiative based on an award winning television series about kids, business, careers, entrepreneurship, and money. Each Biz Kid$ episode shows kids how to make and manage money by introducing concepts of financial literacy. Parents, youths, and teachers can use the resources and videos on various topics appealing to various age levels - best of all it is all available to you at no cost through New Horizons Credit Union!
Biz Kid$ is known for creating and producing Bill Nye the Science Guy, which was a popular science series in the 1990s.
2024 Scholarship Program
Student Loan Support
- Age: Birth - 18 Years
- Minimum Balance/Opening Amount: $25
- The youth's social security number is required to open the account.
- Monthly Service Charge: None
Dividends are earned on the account and are compounded and paid monthly based on the average daily balance. The dividend rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change every dividend period as determined by the Board of Directors and are posted on our Savings Rate page.
All minors will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when opening an account. Minors of age to present a valid state issued ID such as a driver's license and has a social security card may bring in those documents with a parent to be joint owner.
- To open a New Wave Savers Youth Account, visit one of our convenient locations.
Parents: Sign up for Automatic Transfers to electronically transfer funds into your children’s accounts to help their savings grow. Ask any New Horizons Credit Union representative for details.
Statements are issued quarterly by mail or e-Statements, and accounts with active checking accounts may receive monthly statements by mail or e-Statement.