Online & E-Solutions
New Horizons Credit Union offers several no-cost online services designed to be the solution for your Real World.
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Remote Deposit Capture (Mobile Deposit)
- Bill Pay
- Direct Deposit/Automatic Payments
Below is a description of each of these no-cost online and electronic services available to our members.
Online Banking is designed to provide you and your family with secure and easy access to your New Horizons Credit Union accounts over the Internet. Online Banking is at no-cost to you, accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once you access your account online, you will see a menu for all of our available electronic services such as e-statements and Bill Pay.
Online Banking enables you to:
* Access Bill Pay to schedule your bill payments
* Make loan payments
* View posted payroll or electronic funds transfers
* Print a copy of your account history
* Make withdrawals & stop payments
* Get copies of checks through check image retrieval*
* View holds on your accounts
* Verify account balances and much more!
Online Banking employs industry-leading security features to ensure that all of your transactions are conducted with the highest possible privacy and protection. All data is encrypted using 128-bit encryption, the strongest form available, and transferred via the Secure Sockets Layer protocol between you and the Credit Union.
*Check (Share Draft) Image Retrieval
Check image retrieval is available to members through Online Banking at no cost to you. You will be able to retrieve your check images when you need to see a copy for to print out when necessary.
To Retrieve Check Images:
- Sign into Online account access
- Click on the checking account you want to see, either through Transactions or Accounts.
- Check transactions will be listed as Check Withdrawal under the description. To the left you will see the check number. Click on the check number to view your check image!*
*The check must have been posted to your account on or after August 6, 2007. If you try to retrieve a check prior to this date an error window will display stating "All checks written prior to August 6, 2007 have to be requested at your local branch or by calling the call the Call Center." We will continue to charge a research fee for this option. For questions, contact us at 251-316-3240.
Online Banking (eBranch) Set Up:
You can enroll in Online Banking by clicking at the top right of this website where it reads "Enroll for Online Banking." First time users will have to:
- Agree to the Online Banking Disclosure
- Enter your social security number,
- Enter your Primary Share Account number, and other requested information.
- You will then be asked to create an eBranch User ID and an eBranch Password which will be unique to you for security purposes. You will need both the User ID and Password to fully login.
Once enrolled, you can login from the User ID login box located at the top right of each page. Then, you'll be asked for your Password. If you have any trouble, simply contact us for assistance at 251-316-3240, M-F, 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
New Horizons Credit Union offers no-cost 24/7 Mobile Banking through our App! Access your finances from the palm of your hand. All you need is our Online Banking and a mobile web browser. Easily access your account information, transfer funds, or find a branch or ATM with your mobile device. To get started, visit the App Store or Google Play Store and search for New Horizons Credit Union.
Mobile App Features:
*View account balances
Click here for more information about new mobile app features to view the FAQ on our new Mobile App!
Add Mobile Deposit for Remote Deposit Capture
This no-cost feature is available through our Mobile App (see information above) and offers the convenience of depositing a check from your mobile device. Avoid standing in line or waiting in a drive-thru to make a deposit with this service.
- Step 1. Make sure you have your Online Banking User ID and Password set up (per the Online Banking Set-Up instructions above) then, simply download our "New Horizons Credit Union" Mobile App. Member must also be in good standing to enroll and have continuous access to this service.
- Step 2. We will need a Remote Deposit Capture Discloser Agreement from you. There are two ways to do this. You may simply visit any branch with a valid ID and sign our Disclosure Agreement to enroll in Mobile Deposit; or you may click here for more information about Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement 06.2019.pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for more information about Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement (1).pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf for Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement pdf to review and sign our Remote Deposit Capture Disclosure Agreement and scan it with your current valid ID and submit to email@example.com. When your information is verified and request is approved, the Remote Deposit Capture feature (Mobile Deposit) will be added to your NHCU Mobile App to begin using. Please know that standard data rates from your wireless provider may apply - verify with your wireless provider before enrolling to avoid any billing surprises.
Click here for more information about new mobile app features to view the FAQ on our new Mobile App!
Please know that to avoid checks being rejected and other account issues, all checks deposited via our Mobile Deposit - Remote Deposit Capture - feature must include these words and information along with your signature as follows:
"For Mobile Deposit Only",
New Horizons Credit Union,
& your Signature.
Please remember to retain any original check that has been deposited for a maximum of forty-five (45) business days before destroying to verify settlement and credit or to balance to your statements per the Remote Deposit Capture Disclosure Agreement.
These Mobile deposits are still subject to the Credit Union's check hold procedures. There is a per check and daily aggregate limit of $2,500.00. Monthly aggregate limit of $6,000.00. Members may request higher limits by contacting the Credit Union in advance for approval.
Bill Pay (iPay)
New Horizons Credit Union's no-cost bill pay service, iPay, makes paying bills better, easier, and more convenient than ever, giving you more freedom to enjoy life!
*Live chat feature
*Many electronic payees
*Person-to-person electronic payments, also known as email payments
*Ability to pay bills from your mobile app
To use iPay, you must be signed up for Online Banking.
To sign up for Bill Pay, simply log in to your online account and click the Bill Pay tab. You will then be walked through the steps to begin using iPay!
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will my Bill Pay clear?
If the Payee can accept ACH transactions (most major companies and utility companies can), they will be paid electronically and the amount is cleared on the due date set when the payment was created. If the Payee cannot accept an ACH transaction, then Bill Pay will cut a check and mail it to the Payee using the address entered by the member. Due to the process for issuing and mailing a check, please allow at least 7-10 business days before the check clears the member's account. Much depends on mailing time and the time it takes for the receiver to actually deposit the check so an exact time frame for a check to clear cannot be determined by the financial institution. The payment will clear as a Share Draft (check).
Can a Payee be set up as a Recurring or Single Payment?
Yes, you may set up a bill to be paid recurring on designate days or as a one-time payment.
Can a Member Cancel a Payment?
As long as the payment is still in the Pending Process section, the member can select the Cancel option to cancel the payment. But, once Bill Pay starts the payment process, it cannot be cancelled.
Can a Member issue a Stop Payment on a Bill Pay payment?
If the payment is sent via ACH, then no stop payment can be set up while in payment process. If the Bill Pay issues a payment by check, then it may be possible to issue a Stop Payment.
Are there Payment Limits?
If you are paying a financial institution or company, the total aggregate amount of all bill payments cannot exceed $25,000.00 during the calendar month.
If you are paying a person, the transaction amount is limited to $2,500.00 per transaction and $2,500.00 per processing day.
*Exceptions can be made on the limits per member with advance notice by contacting the Credit Union.
GET STARTED TODAY!
You can sign up for our no-cost Bill Pay service when you log into Online Banking, where a menu will walk you through the Bill Pay process and assist with questions before you get started. Once logged into Online Banking, you will see the menu for electing our other no cost electronic services such as e-Statements.
The Bill Pay Help Call Center is available for Bill Pay specific question, and is open 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Monday - Friday at 1-866-820-9634.
E-Statements & E-Notifications
New Horizons Credit Union offers no cost E-statements. E-statements provide you with the same information as paper statements, and are securely available behind Online Banking and are available quicker than notices sent via regular U.S. Mail. Once you log-in to your account in Online Banking, you will see the menu for all our free electronic services such as E-statements. Simply click on E-Statements to enroll.
By signing up for E-statements, you also agree to receive all important notifications electronically. We will send you an email notifying you when your account statement or an important account notice is available. Simply log on to Online Banking, click the E-statement menu tab, from there you will be able to retrieve your statement or notice. You can print it, save it to your PC or on a CD/Thumb Drive for easier filing, and it will be stored securely inside Online Banking for 24 months.
Enroll easily inside Online Banking using your Online Banking User ID and password. If you have issues with the online enrollment, please contact the Credit Union to assist at 251-316-3240 or visit any branch. When you enroll in New Horizons Credit Union's E-statement, you choose to discontinue receiving paper statements in the mail and choose to receive all notifications electronically. You may switch back from e-Statements to paper statements at anytime by visiting any branch or contacting our Member Services Center at 251-316-3240. Note: Members with our Ultimate Checking Account may be required to maintain e-Statements to avoid a paper statement fee; and other account types such as Club 55 and Horizons Heroes Accounts may require e-Statements to receive certain account perks.
Direct Deposit/Automatic Payments
A fast and convenient way to manage your everyday financial transactions at no cost to you is through Direct Deposit and Automatic Payments.
- Convenient - Your money is deposited automatically for you, even when you're ill, on vacation, or too busy to get to the Credit Union. Your check is deposited electronically into your New Horizons account.
- Fast - You have immediate access to your money on the day of deposit.
- Safe - Never worry about checks getting lost, delayed, or stolen.
- Automatic Payments - You can also use the routing number (RTN) and account number to set up automatic payments for your recurring bills from your checking account.
3 Easy Steps to Set Up Direct Deposit or Automatic Payments
- Step 1. Provide your information about the account where the money will be deposited or withdrawn which will include your full name, our routing number (RTN) which is 265176339, and choose between your Prime Share Membership Number (without dashes and share ID) or use your Checking Account (12-digits beginning with 701190...)
**We are only able to accept electronic deposits and payments to a Prime share or Checking account. We cannot accept payments directly to a loan. **
- Step 2. Contact your Employer or Payor. Your payor may require you to complete their form or provide a voided check to process your request. Below is a list of the types of Direct Deposits and how to set up with agencies or employers.
|Type of Direct Deposit||
(to change the bank currently receiving deposits electronically)
(to change your paper check to electronic deposit)
• Dividend/Investment Income
Contact your employer or other payor directly with the information they need such as your name, account number, and our routing number.
• Social Security (SSA)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Railroad Retirement
• Civil Service Retirement
(Office of Personal Management)
• Veterans Compensation and Pension
• Other Federal Agency Benefits
Contact the agency directly. Or call Go Direct at 1-800-333-1795 to get the telephone numbers of many federal agencies.
- Step 3. Monitor your Account. For Direct Deposit, it can take one to two months for a payor to process your request and to begin receiving electronic deposits.