New Horizons Mobile App
How do I get the Mobile App?
You may download the app from your app store by searching New Horizons Credit Union. If you already have our app, you will be able to update to the new one. If you have enabled automatic app updates, then the app will update automatically. If not, you will be notified that there is an update available in the app store. If you are not notified, you may manually visit the app store to update.
What are the features of the new app?
- Fresh, new look
- Mobile Check Deposit*
- Fingerprint & Face ID Authentication
- Quick Balance
- Pay bills from app
- Loan Application
- Make Branch Appointments
What types of phones/devices are supported?
- All iOS devices with a camera and operating system version 5.1 or newer (including iPods and iPhones)
- iPads from generation 3 and above
- All Android devices with a camera and operating system version 2.3.4 and newer
I don’t see Remote Deposit Capture on my phone. How do I get it?
A signed Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement must be signed and received by NHCU before Remote Deposit Capture will be available. You can print this out and bring in to your local branch or call our Member Services Center at (251) 316-3240 and they can tell you where to fax or e-mail the signed form as well.
How do I deposit a check using Mobile Deposit?
Once signed in, mobile banking authenticates user's ability to use Mobile Deposit.
- Click on Mobile Deposit and you will be presented with a list of eligible accounts for deposit and corresponding deposit limits.
- Select the appropriate account and input deposit amount.
- You will be prompted to take a photo/scan of the front and back of check.
- You will be notified immediately of acceptance or prompted to retake rejected images. As a precaution, our Remote Deposit Capture User Agreement states that original checks should be retained for a maximum of forty-five (45) days before destroying to verify settlement and credit or to balance to your statements.
It is important the you please follow the instructions below prior to submitting any check as failure to do so may result your check to reject:
*All Remote Deposit Checks must include, on the backside of the checks, prior to scanning/photo this information:
"For Mobile Deposit Only
New Horizons Credit Union,
Account # _________
What are the deposit limits for Remote Deposit Capture?
Mobile Deposits are still subject to the Credit Union's check hold procedures. There is a per check and aggregate limit of $2,500.00 and a monthly aggregate limit of $6,000.00. Members may request higher limits by contacting the Credit Union in advance for approval.
Why does Remote Deposit take a few seconds to load when I launch my app?
This is normal. When you launch the new app, Remote Deposit will not be there immediately even if you have a signed a User Agreement. It may take around 10 seconds to determine if you are eligible to use Remote Deposit and at that point you will see the option.
How do I set up Quick Balance?
- Log-in to you Mobile App using your Online Banking User ID and Password
- Select Accounts and click select any account
- Go to settings > Check the accounts you would like to be visible when you select Quick Balance.
How do I pay bills from the app?
All you have to do is be signed up for Bill Pay and have at least one payee set up. If you need to sign up for Bill Pay, you must sign in to your Online Banking account and click on the Bill Pay tab. You will then be prompted to enter your e-mail address and accept terms & conditions. Once in Bill Pay, you may add payees or, if you need help getting started, click on "View Demo" in the top right corner.