Response to COVID
Updated Information: Branch operations may periodically change due to staffing limitation
As an organization whose mission is Solutions for the Real World, New Horizons Credit Union is committed to offering solutions as best we can during these challenging times. NHCU maintains a Business Continuity Plan for these situations and monitors news as it is released.
Periodically, we may have to modify branch operation hours and services due to limited staff caused by COVID. Please visit the home page of our website for alerts on branch operation updates. Appointments are still encouraged for all branches to avoid extended wait times due to limited staff. With Lobby service, we encourage masks and social distancing. Further updates on branches will be posted here, as well as, on our social media. We recommend considering using our free electronic services for faster account information and access. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Click here to view our appointment page.
Our Response To COVID
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our members and staff, and are taking every reasonable precaution. New Horizons Credit Union is taking a proactive approach to aid members who have been financially impacted by the pandemic. Here are a few ways your Credit Union can help:
- We offer a Coronavirus Assistance Loan* to help members needing extra funds.
- Extensions on both consumer loans and mortgages up to 90 days on a case-by-case basis with COVID-19 verifiable impact are available.
- Most NHCU New Consumer Loans now come with a 90-day no-payment option.
- Increased limits have now been set on Mobile App deposits. We are refinancing other financial institutions’ qualifying loans to our lower rates to save members money.
- With our Allpoint ATM Network partnership – surcharge-free ATM transactions with over 55,000 ATM locations nationwide are available so you do not have to wait in crowded lines.
- Appointment lobby service is available at our branches. See the Appointment Page and Service Guide for details.
- All branches have hand-sanitizer dispensers and staff are equipped with gloves and masks as needed.
- All member lobby walk-in service and appointments are encouraged to wear masks before entry and practice social distancing to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff and avoid the spread of the virus.
- Public restrooms are not available.
- Our website at NewHCU.org offers information on our free electronic services to easily enroll and avoid your need to go outside the home or wait in lines.
- Apply for loans online at NewHCU.org and conduct business via your home or office.*
- Apply for our free e-Statements and Bill Pay to avoid handling as much mail.
- Get confidential & free debt management resources from our partners, Greenpath Financial Wellness.
- Fun financial literacy activities and videos for children and teens through Biz Kidz as part of our New Wave Savers Account perks.
- Be assured that your funds are federally insured by the NCUA.
- Our Member Services Center representatives at 251-316-3240 are ready to assist with inquiries.
- Stimulus Payment Deposits & Other Government COVID Assistance: If you have questions about your IRS stimulus payments, we encourage you to visit the IRS website for more information and to see if you qualify to receive a deposit. NOTE: New Horizons Credit Union is not able to determine when or if you will receive a payment or any other Government Assistance.
- And, above all, follow recommended health safety by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention.
New Horizons Credit Union promises to continue to promote safety and keep our members and staff informed and up-to-date. Please visit our website at NewHCU.org periodically for the most current information concerning our Coronavirus status and other Credit Union news.